By |Ram K. Navaratna – Chief Executive, HR Resonance
Universal Account number (UAN) or PF number portability has been implemented. But do you know the status of your UAN? You need UAN for quick and easy online transfer of EPF. Your employer should give you the universal account number as soon as it gets from the EPFO. You can go and ask to the employer for your UAN. But before going to HR department, please do check the UAN status onlinefrom the EPFO portal. (Update) Now you can get your UAN online from the Universal account number Members e-Sewa portal. But before going into the UAN status check you must know about the UAN
What Is UAN (Universal Account Number )
UAN or Universal Account number is an unique number given to every member of Employee Provident Fund Scheme. Unlike PF member ID, the UAN does not change with the change of job. Because of the UAN, the EPF transfer and EPF withdrawal has become very easy. To avail maximum benefit from the UAN you must link your Adhaar number with the UAN.
EPFO has launched an Universal Account Number (UAN) based Member Portal to provide a number of facilities to its members through a single window
• Activate your registration to avail various facilities such as UAN card download, member passbook, updation of KYC information etc.
• As of now, only active members (contribution received through ECR for the wage month October 2013 onwards) would be able to register themselves.
• For registration, obtain UAN from your employer alongwith your member ID.
• Your mobile number would be required to activate registration.
• One mobile number can be used for one registration only.
• A member can view the passbooks of the EPF accounts which has been tagged with UAN.
• The facility of passbook is not available for members of establishments having exemption under the EPF Scheme 1952.
Here is a concise presentation of the same :