Source | alltopstartups.com |
The Fab.com website offers daily design inspirations and sales 70% off retail. Membership is free but by invitation only. Members receive exclusive access to daily curated design sales featuring the world’s leading designers and manufacturers. Fab.com was founded in 2010 by serial entrepreneur Jason Goldberg, formerly of XING AG.
Fab.com has recorded 500,000 users in 10 weeks. I believe there are a lot you can learn from what they did right to help your startup. These are the things Fab did right that you can COPY for your own startup.
- Fab.com is a viral success, in part because of a clever invite scheme.
- When Fab.com launched, users could request an invite, then gain different levels of access based on how many of their friends joined.
- Goldberg, the founder ran a batch of Facebook ads to gain initial traction.
- The ads targeted people who follow design blogs.
- Email invites have been particularly successful, resulting in four times the revenue of any other social-sharing sources.