The Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, has launched the Unified Shram Suvidha Portal a One-Stop-Shop for Labour Law Compliance. It has been developed to facilitate reporting of Inspections, and submission of Returns. The Unified Shram Suvidha Portal has been envisaged as a single point of contact between employer, employee and enforcement agencies bringing in transparency in their day-to-day interactions. For integration of data among various enforcement agencies, each inspectable unit under any Labour Law has been assigned one Labour Identification Number (LIN).
The objective of Web Portal is to consolidate information of Labour Inspection and its enforcement. It will lead to transparency and accountability in inspections. The compliances would be reportable in Single Harmonized Form which will make it simple and easy for those filing such forms. The performance will be monitored using key indicators thus making the evaluation process objective.It promote the use of a common Labour Identification Number (LIN) by all Implementing agencies.
About the Portal
- Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India and the State Governments enforce more than 44 labour laws in their respective spheres. There have been requests from various stakeholders for ensuring simplification of formats, ease of compliance, transparency in inspections and speedy redressal of grievances. In order to address these concerns Ministry of Labour & Employment has developed a single unified Web Portal for Online Registration of units, Reporting of inspections and submissions of Annual Returns.
- This portal facilitate ease of reporting at one place of various labour laws consolidated information of Labour Inspection and its enforcement. It will enhance convenience of reporting, transparency in Labour Inspection and monitoring of Labour Inspections based on key performance indices.
- As an initiative on pilot basis, the Ministry has selected the Chief Labour Commissioner (Central) organization, the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS) covering 16 Labour Laws. State Governments would join this Unified Single Web Portal subsequently. The web portal is being developed and maintained by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- This integrated portal operate through common Unique Labour Identification Number (Shram Pehchan Sankhya) for each Establishment. The employers will be allotted Labour Identification Number (LIN) after registration on web portal. The enforcement agency will upload the data of inspection on the web portal which will be updated periodically.
- This web portal provide for filing of single harmonized annual return by the employers.
- This web portal provide for online reporting of harmonized inspection report by inspecting officials.
- The web portal contribute proactively to achieve the objective of simplifying business regulations and bringing in transparency and accountability in labour inspections.