Source | www.businessnewsdaily.com | Sammi Caramela
Leadership critical to every company. Workers need someone to look to, learn from and thrive with.
Every leader has their own style and strategy. Further, leadership styles and methods vary because of outside influences and personal challenges.
While leadership is unique to everyone, there are some common ways to define the term. Peter Economy, also known as “The Leadership Guy,” listed the qualities of today’s best leadership in an Inc.com article. According to Economy, leadership embodies:
- Coercive: Leaders demand immediate compliance.
- Authoritative: Leaders mobilize people toward a vision.
- Affiliative: Leaders create emotional bonds and harmony.
- Democratic: Leaders build consensus through participation.
- Pacesetting: Leaders expect excellence and self-direction.
- Coaching: Leaders develop people for the future.