By | Brad Klune | www.entrepreneur.com
Are you an entrepreneur wanting to make your mark on the world but finding that it’s just not happening? Maybe you’ve come up with big ideas and taken action only for them to fizzle out, leaving you feeling demotivated and questioning if all of the work is even worth it.
Don’t give up on living your dream life! We have 5 goal-setting frameworks that can help turn the tide. Take control over your goals, break them down into smaller chunks and use these techniques to see results fast. Read on if you’re ready to start making progress toward achieving success.
Need a mentor to help you on your journey? Use Intro to connect with the perfect advisor.
1. SMART goals
A framework suggesting setting goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
- Specific – Write out clear, concise goals. What will be accomplished?
- Measurable – The ability to track results quantitatively. What data will measure the goal?
- Achievable – Make sure they are challenging but attainable. Is it doable? Do you have the skills/resources?
- Relevant – Needs to be important and aligned with your priorities. Why is the result important?
- Time-bound – Must have a target finished date. What is the time frame?
2. OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
Objectives are the “what.” They are very qualitative and describe the path forward, the place you want to be. When you are unlocking your inner Einstein during a journal session, gut-check your objectives with these prompts: