Source | Track.in
Internet is peppered with examples of how brands have made some huge blunders on Social Media. When hitting the publish button on your brand’s social media page, make sure you never make the below mentioned mistakes:
Mixing your personal and professional views
Your personal views about something should never reflect on your company’s social media page. Maintain a clear distance from posting your political or religious beliefs there. Your brand should always convey its own voice and personality.
Demeaning a brand/person
It will be a big put off. It will put your company in bad light. It will cast a bad impression on your users as well as on your prospects. So think twice before doing it.
Paying no heed to your analytics
The only way to measure your growth and find out if your strategies are working is by studying your analytics. The insights will help you decide whether or not you need to take a new course of action. Once you have laid out a plan, ensure that you measure its efficiency at least on a weekly basis.
Using sourced images carelessly
Avoid any sort of legal upheavals by using sources images properly. You can take permission from their rightful owners in case you want to use them. Also, you can mention credits and link back those images to their owners.
One of the quickest ways to spoil the reputation of your brand is by indulging in profanity. Never ever be rude or arrogant. It won’t do your brand any good. It will only spread negativity and might also attract retaliations.
Not listening to your audience
Given the fact that a social media network is a two way communication channel, you are bound to receive praises as well as criticisms from your customers. Never ignore the bad feedback your brand receives. Listen to your customer properly who is complaining since he/she can help you assess the weak points of your business. This is one of the best ways to grow your brand and build trust among your users.
Doing aggressive selling
There is a fine line between promotion and aggression. Never skip that. Do not promote your products all the time on your brand’s social media networks. You can follow the 80/20 rule which means that you post useful content 80 percent of time and promotional content for the other 20 percent of time.
Posting without taking permission
There’s a big difference between being humorous and being offensive. Never cross that line! A picture of an employee which is embarrassing can surely come across as interesting to you. But before you decide to post that picture on your brand’s social media page just for fun, ensure that you have the much needed permission.