Source | www.hrbartender.com
I recently received this note from an HR Bartender reader:
Hey Sharlyn! I saw your article on healthy employees being the new wave of the future and I was wondering if you happen to have a list of companies that offer health coaching as a benefit to their employees?
It’s true, I do believe healthy employees have a direct impact on the company’s future. When we’re healthy, we are able to do our best work. That can translate into high performance and bottom-line results. But I think organizations need to define “healthy”.
Probably one of the best wellbeing models I’ve seen is from Gallup. I think when we talk about healthy, these are the five components I think of:
- Career fitness is having a job in which you like what you do and feel you make a difference.
- Social wellbeing means you have supportive relationships at work and home.
- Financial health is being able to understand and manage your income and expenses.
- The aspect we typically associate with being “healthy” is physical. It’s being fit and having the energy to get things done.
- Lastly, community wellbeing is about feeling safe and a part of a community.