Source | Linkedin | Scott Hoover | CPA, Pastor, Writer
Stop reading now if you want an easy, over-simplified answer.
I’ve been freelancing 10 years and still can’t tell if it’s the greatest thing ever, or simply a great way to work harder under more stress for less pay.
In place of an answer, here are 24 realistic points I’ve learned in a decade of freelancing:
- My family has never gone hungry.
- But they have gone without me too many evenings and weekends while I worked on time-sensitive projects.
- I have significantly more control over my compensation than I did as an employee.
- But I doubt I’m earning anymore today than I would be in a traditional CFO job with benefits.
- I love the flexibility of the freelancing way of life.
- But the strain of landing new work and keeping old clients happy wears me down.