Source | www.zdnet.com | Vala Afshar
Frances Frei is a professor at Harvard Business School. Frei recently served as Uber’s first SVP of leadership and strategy. Her TED talk about building trust has logged over four million views. She was described in a recent Los Angeles Times article as “the go-to woman for companies like Uber and WeWork looking to improve their image.” Frei is also the co-author of a new book, Unleashed: The Unapologetic Leader’s Guide to Empowering Everyone Around You.
It’s not about you. Instead, leadership depends on how well you unleash the potential of other people. That’s the radical redefinition of leadership from Frei and her co-author Anne Morriss‘ new book, Unleashed. Frei was hired to turn around Uber’s culture. She is also credited with transforming Harvard Business School to become gender-inclusive. The book guides leaders to:
- Hire and retain diverse talent and giving them an equal opportunity to thrive.
- Build a foundation of trust so people are willing to be led by you.
- Take radical responsibility for the performance of other people.
- Create conditions where people excel in response to high standards and deep devotion.
- Show people how to create and capture value on their own and changing your company’s culture to reinforce trust, belonging, and integrity.