Source | MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION
Many unorganized small business, either out of ignorance, or inability to absorb PF welfare costs, or with environments of high attrition may have over the years avoided to get registered under PF or not contributed either for all their employees or partially. The Government ,in its drive to a digital, transparent economy and labour law compliant society has extended an Amnesty window for PF to widen the social security net of workers. The Scheme encourages employers to come forward and apply for enrollment for employees who were expected to be registered between the 6 years and 9 month period from April 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2016 under Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, but could not be enrolled for any reason. PF applies to any organization employing 20 or more people to enroll all employees drawing wages up to Rs 15,000 a month.
- The declaration scheme is operational from January 1, 2017 to March 31, 2017
- Only Employer contribution and interest are payable under the scheme
- Employees share of contribution , if declared by employer as not deducted , shall be waived
- The damages to be paid by the employer in respect of the employees for whom declaration has been made under this campaign shall be at the rate of Rupee 1(one) per annum. Otherwise delay in deposit of PF dues attracts penal damages up to 25% per annum of the dues depending on the period of delay.
- No administrative charges shall be collected from the employer in respect of the contribution made under the declaration.
- No inquiry to be initiated if a declaration is made under the scheme.
EPFO has made special arrangements for the success of this campaign, for e.g, online facilities for declaration, stakeholders meetings with employer and employee associations, deputing special assignment officers etc. Appropriate assistance will be made available to employers coming forward to extend social security coverage of their employees.
Here is the official GOI Circular[gview file=”https://humanengineers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Amnesty-Scheme-Notification_-GSR-1190E_Dec-2016.pdf”]