Source | LinkedIn : By Rachael Aprill Phillips
Life is too short to let fear make big decisions for you.
There is a lot going around about failure and the fear of it, and also on the other hand there is a lot written and talked about SUCCESS! I am one of those who write about it as much as I can.
It has been reported that one of the biggest fears people have in their lives is failure.
- Afraid they won’t succeed if they try something new
- Fear that they might never “make it” doing what they are passionate about
- Fear that keeps them from following their heart
We all want to be successful in life but what can we do to assure that success, succeeding in life isn’t as hard as you might think, there isn’t any secret to it but rather just common sense, positive thinking and attitude and initiative. Along with this knowledge and understanding here are some tips to guide you down the path of success.
- Persevere – perseverance and determination are what is needed for success, if you don’t give up at something you attempt then you can’t fail, it’s as simple as that. If something doesn’t work out as planned the first time then try and try again using different methods to achieve the result that you are looking for.
- Change – if you are not happy with what you have now, or who you are in life then the only one that can make a difference to your situation or life is you. A change could mean changing your outlook on life, your outlook on yourself, your priorities or your activities, you have no one else to blame but yourself and only you have the power to change.
- What goes around comes around – you only get back in life what you are willing to put into it, if you are helpful, honest, truthful and positive then you will get the same back in return which can help you on your path to success particularly in the workplace.
- You cannot succeed alone – all successful people rely in part on others for their success, every person has different skills, talents and abilities which when combined leads to an individual’s success.
- Centre yourself – we all need to take time out during the day to centre ourselves, by re-focusing ourselves and what we wish to achieve we are able to accomplish more and be more effective in our tasks.
- Set yourself targets or goals – setting out targets or goals for yourself can help you to succeed in anything you choose, these can be daily, short term or long term targets with short term being a month or so and long term no longer than 6 months. Always set realistic targets and give yourself a date by which to reach your target, review your targets on a regular basis to make sure they are always attainable.
- Don’t strive for perfection – never try to be perfect, no one is perfect, set a standard and goal and do the task or job to the very best of your ability and be happy with that, as long as you gave it your best shot that’s all you or anyone else can ask for.
- Believe in yourself – develop strategies which make you more aware of yourself and what you are capable of achieving, if you believe in yourself and what you are capable of achieving then you are more likely to be successful in whatever you do.
- Focus on what you want – focus on the positive and what it is you want to achieve instead of the negative or what it is that you don’t want to achieve, always look ahead instead of back and focus only on the desired end result.