Source | www.webwire.com | WEBWIRE
What’s New: Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, Intel is expanding U.S. paid leave benefits to better support employees during life’s critical moments. These changes are part of Intel’s holistic, comprehensive and inclusive benefit offerings.
“When our employees and their families are supported, they perform at their best. We strive to care for our employees and their families through every stage of life, whether they are caring for small children, aging parents or anyone in between. We want our employees to know we are here to support them through all the situations they and their families may encounter.”
–Julie Ann Overcash, Intel vice president of Human Resources and global director of Compensation and Benefits
What Expanded Benefits will Include:
- New paid family leave: Paid leave for up to eight weeks to care for a seriously ill family member.
- Expanded paid bonding leave: Bonding leave for new parents expanded from eight to 12 weeks.
- New parent reintegration program: New parents may work a part-time schedule (up to four weeks) with full-time pay. Parents who opt-in will also receive a gift in celebration of the event. Intel will also provide breast milk shipping at no cost.
- Expanded bereavement time: Paid time off for bereavement expands to up to two weeks.
- Short-term disability coverage: The benefit, which includes pregnancy, approximates regular pay for up to 52 weeks and will be provided at no cost.