Source | vinavu | You Tube
Speech by senior lawyer Balan Haridas at meeting organized by New Democratic Labour Front – IT Employees Wing on 10-01-2015 in Chennai. In this speech Mr. Balan explains the salient points of Industrial Dispute Act and other laws related to rights of workmen including IT/ITES employees.
- How does ID Act look at individual grievances and collective grievances?
- The importance of Trade Union under this act.
- The role of trade unions in proper development of an industry.
- What role does the Shops and Establishments Act play?
- Will joining a Trade Union lead to job loss?
- Will an agreement signed with the company take away my legal rights?
- What does the law say about layoffs, terminations and retrenchments?
- Can we approach the court to stop mass layoffs by a company?
- When can an employee’s services be terminated? Under what conditions?
- What about the rights of managers?
- Can we fight for regulating working hours and other work conditions inside the company? How?
- Can a company blacklist an employee?