By | Papa CJ | Comedian • Executive Coach • Author • Oxford MBA • HBR Writer • papacj.com • WIT of the Week newsletter on LinkedIn, papacj.substack.com & papacj.medium.com • I uplift others & help them be the best version of themselves
A little known pursuit of mine is mentoring. I work with young entrepreneurs (age 25-45) in leadership positions who run organisations of a certain size.
A mentor can play many different roles including that of a sponsor, teacher, informer, supporter, advisor and connector. In addition to being a safe and trusted sounding board, a mentor delivers value by being a capability developer, thought partner and a process partner. The positive impact of these interventions overflow onto the teams that the mentee works with as well.
My approach towards working with mentees is a blend between coach, mentor and occasionally consultant. Areas in which my clients have said they have benefitted include both soft and hard skills, such as:
- Building their own personal brands
- Giving speeches and presentations
- Structuring their thoughts and writing
- Improving creativity
- Working with different kinds of people
- Managing conflict
- Delegation and motivation
- Selling skills and strategies
- Having a greater presence
- Understanding how to best utilise their strengths
A little space has opened up in my roster. If you’d like to be considered as a mentee, kindly write in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘mentoring’.
My relevant credentials include:
1. MBA degree from the University of Oxford.
2. Invited speaker to Harvard Business School.
3. Experienced Executive Coach with global clients.
– Europe: Nike, Google & UBS
– America: Accenture, Deutsche Bank & E&Y
– UK: Universal Music, HM Treasury & BBC
– India: HSBC, Unilever, Godrej & Oracle
4. Harvard Business Review has published a 45-minute podcast on my journey of transformation.
Stay safe and have a lovely day.