- Come and experience the power of Mindfulness and Compassion in building a winning organization
According to entrepreneur and author Chip Conley,
“The most forgotten fact in business is that we are all human”.
Perhaps this is why research has found that 52% of employees have thought of quitting, changing jobs, or declining a promotion because they were unhappy. Fortunately, there is a new and exciting body of research emerging that shows the key to good employee health, organizational well-being, and an improved bottom-line is the cultivation of mindfulness and compassion in organizations. A growing list of global organizations have integrated mindfulness and compassion training into their cultures and have found remarkable results: for individuals and for their operations. Highly successful organizations such as Google, General Mills, Vision Service Plan, CISCO systems, and Facebook have on-going mindfulness and compassion training built into their cultures.
By creating a culture of mindfulness and compassion in organizations, research has found that employees are less stressed and fearful, more satisfied, loyal, engaged, and resilient. With mindfulness, employees learn to stay present with their challenging situations, to be less reactive, more patient and be able to focus and concentrate with greater ease. With compassion, employees nurture their capacities to be kind, forgiving, and helpful which leads to a more efficient, productive, and pleasant place of work. This is how business and humans can thrive together.
In this regard Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship (XIME) Bangalore is organising a Management Development Program on
“Mindfulness and Compassion in the New Millennium”
Keys to Managing With an Awakened Heart
by Dr. Steven Hickman, Psy.D., Executive Director- Centre for Mindful Self-Compassion and Founding Director of the University of California at San Diego Centre for Mindfulness.
Workshop Dates : 3-4 March, 2020 (Tuesday/ Wednesday): Bangalore
: 10-11 March, 2020 (Tuesday / Wednesday): Chennai
KEY MODULES / COMPONENTS OF THE WORKSHOP:
- Mindfulness and compassion as fundamental human qualities to be cultivated systematically for the good of the person as well as the organization.
- An awakened heart as a leadership quality to manage people in the new millennium.
- Self-compassion as a mode and method to build an organizational culture of safety and support for managing stress & fear to create a more satisfied, loyal, engaged and resilient employee community.
- Integration of head (IQ) with heart (EQ) by practicing self-awareness and self-compassion
- Focusing employee energy and intentionality through awareness of mind, body, and soul components of our being
- Dealing with the “Illusion of Connection” of social media in an era of unprecedented loneliness; our tendency toward tribalism, separation and “othering”;
- Finding a way out of being “crazy busy”; the role of compassion in supporting change to a more fulfilling and sustainable lifestyle
- Talks, meditation, experiential exercises, and group discussion.
- Experiential exercises include: Sharing of self, listening, empathizing, compassion with self and others.
VALUE FOR THE PARTICIPANTS:
- Increased personal well-being
- Increased awareness of business issues before they become a problem
- Improved focus and thinking- leading to high levels of strategic planning
- Decrease in stress and stress related illness- reducing absenteeism and lowering health care plan costs
- Improved business relationships- through compassion for self and others
- Shift in perception and action- finding a more sustainable and compassionate approach that sets the stage for a positive change in a company`s culture.
More details of the program is available @ https://ep.xime.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/mindfullness-compassion-new-millenium.pdf
Register online @ https://forms.gle/nHdPvsn2B7Km2knW8
Or please reach out to Prof. Rajendra Desai, Mob: 9886538504, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , Mob: 7022401189
ABOUT XIME: XIME is one of the top B-Schools of India, with excellent campuses in Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai. It has been founded in 1991 by a group of academicians headed by Prof. J. Philip, who is a former Director of IIM-Bangalore and a former Dean of XLRI.
XIME’s flagship program is its two-year PGDM. XIME has a strong B-Schools network with some of the leading institutions in France, Germany, Italy, the U.S., Brazil, China, Russia and South Africa. XIME received ACBSP accreditation (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs of the United States), a milestone in the onward progress of the institution. XIME has found 11th place in the CSR ranking of Private B-Schools’, 26th Rank among all B Schools of India by Careers 360 in Nov 2018 and A1 category by Business Standard published in December 2018.