Source | LinkedIn | Achyut Menon “AK”
“Over 90% of organizations and consultants agree on strategic value and impact of freelance talent in their strategic deliveries” says, Chandrika Pasricha, Founder & CEO, Flexing ItThe independent research suggests that majority of Indian companies expect that 15+% of their talent comprise of freelance workforce in the next 5 years.
Below are some of the findings:
1. Growth of the Freelancing Community in India
· Freelancing is a recent trend in India and is rallying behind the global trends by a significant gap. 53% of the consultants surveyed have been freelancing for less than 2 years.
· 41% of the respondents were women working remotely and 71% were working on part time basis.
This could become a core strategy for India’s falling Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) for woman.
2. Organizations need to get Organized
· In majority cases, business teams drive the decision to hire freelancers (64%) on a need basis. HR involvement is very limited in the process