Source | alltopstartups.com |
Would you hire your next employee based on passion or experience?. Business professionals, startup founders and business leaders shared their opinions on Quora. These are selected thoughts and opinions.
- Hire and promote first on the basis of integrity; second, motivation; third, capacity; fourth, understanding; fifth, knowledge; and last and least, experience. Dee Hock
- Passion has limits, and without the steady hand of experience passion will diminish overtime in many cases, leaving the enterprise to languish. Michael R.H.Stewart-Social Media Strategy, Execution and Management – President, Jericho Technology, Inc. – 20 years online experience
- Experience without passion settles for commonplace solutions, ones without risk. Passion is the fuel that feeds the engine of innovation.-Michael R.H.Stewart
- It would really depend on the position and the role they need to fill. If I were hiring a CFO, experience matters, passion being secondary. Otherwise passion is extremely important to me.- David Ferguson– On startup #2
- I would put a candidate’s work ethic above passion and experience. I can mold a hard-working person to any role. If a person takes their work seriously, they learn quickly, and often develop their passion in the process. Sol Irvine – Founder of The Daily Play and the Yuson & Irvine law firm.