Source | zeenews.india.com
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) which was once termed as apathetic and unenergetic, has now became high geared institution in last few months. The organization is on an overdrive in order to make itself more user-friendly. Online claim submission is one such visible change. Earlier this process was carried out through paperwork which used to get delayed most of the time. This change came out soon after the organization introduced a composite form for submitting withdrawal request and took back the need to submit supporting documents and certificates for partial withdrawals.
The time taken to process a claim is expected to get reduced after introduction of online claim submission. But, it would still take 10-20 days to produce output any results because even if the subscriber places an online request, the process at organization’s end is still manual. The process now is live on website of EPFO (http://bit.ly/2q1pHG6)
Here, we have prepared a check-list of things you need to do before online claim submission:
|Activate your Universal Account Number(UAN)|
|Ensure that the mobile phone number registered under UAN is in use.|
|Seed Aadhaar details.|
|Input your bank account details. This is where the claim amount will come.|
|If you have not been an EPFO member for atleast 5 years, you also need to input your permanent account number (PAN)|
Basic requirements to Submit Claim Online
- Firstly, you should have activated your UAN.
- You have to seed your Aadhaar information in EPFO database in order to go through a e-KYC (electronic know your customer) verification using One Time Password (sent by Aadhaar authority at the time of claim submission).
- If you have registered or linked your Aadhaar, only you can proceed else the website will prompt you to link your Aadhaar with UAN.
- Other than this, it is also necessary to input your bank details so that once the claim is processed, the money can be transferred online to your account.
- You also need to seed your permanent account number PAN if have not been EPFO member for atleast 5 years.