Is it possible to embrace suffering as a privilege, rather than a punishment? Beloved authors Katherine and Jay Wolf offer readers the bold invitation to trust a known God with an unknown future, as well as practical insights into surviving anything by redefining how we think about everything.
After miraculously surviving a near-fatal brainstem stroke at age 26, as told in their memoir, Hope Heals, life for Katherine and Jay Wolf changed forever – and so did the way they viewed God, the world, and themselves in it. There was no going back to normal after such a tragedy. Yet Katherine and Jay learned that suffering is not the end, but rather the beginning of a new story.
In Suffer Strong, they invite us into this new story as they share universal lessons and helpful practices that will help us to:
- Recognize we are being equipped for an uncommon assignment, not cursed by our story.
- Transform our unmet expectations into brave anticipations.
- Disrupt the myth that joy can only be found in a pain-free life.
- Rewrite the narrative of hard circumstances by turning our definitions of suffering into declarations of strength.
- And, ultimately, thrive even in the lives we never imagined living.