By | Sonia Mooney | Global HR Leader | Consultant | Talent Operations | Agile HR | Employee Experience | Digital HR | SONIAMOONEY.COM
Mindset – Skills – Capabilities
“Upgrade your digital expertise to stay ahead in our disrupted world”
By Sonia Mooney & Soumyasanto Sen
Digitalising HR is the ultimate business differentiator. A digital strategy and mindset enables us to deliver efficiencies, excellent employee experiences and better business outcomes, becoming a strategic, value adding HR function.
Yet this isn’t about technology alone. Digitalising is a mindset, a way of thinking and working, creating streamlined, thoughtful, cohesive digital solutions with the human touch and the employee experience at the core – it’s about taking a holistic approach. Having the right mindset, skillset and capabilities are critical ingredients, and this includes not only what we need to learn, but also what we need to unlearn.
So, if you’re looking to upgrade your digital skillset to stay ahead in our disrupted world, these ten focus areas will help you shape your next steps to unlearn what’s no longer adding value, and gain fresh skills, capabilities and thinking to harness the true power of digital, delivering maximum impact for your HR functions and businesses.
1. From a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
2. From command and control leadership to inspirational leadership
3. From complexity to simplicity
4. From siloed working to a culture of collaboration
5. From process centric design to human centric design
6. From tick box activities to business aligned strategies
7. From assumption based decisions to evidence & data driven decisions
8. From fear of failing to daring to experiment
9. From traditional change management to strategic change enablement
10. From focusing on our own area to holistic, big picture thinking
1.From a fixed mindset to a growth mindset
Once we change what’s on the inside – our mindset, we create a ripple effect and everything on the outside begins to transform. With a fixed mindset, we believe our basic qualities, such as intelligence or talent, are fixed characteristics. Whereas, with a growth mindset, we believe our basic abilities can be developed through commitment and hard work – our intelligence or talent are simply the starting point.
The right mindset can impact our beliefs and learning, and accelerate future achievement. We can change our mindset from fixed to growth, and when we do, this leads to increased motivation and achievement. In our change-fatigued organisations mindset is considered one of the most important factors in organizational transformation.