Source | www.thedailypositive.com | Dale Partridge
A fascinating study was performed by Bronnie Ware, a nurse in a terminal palliative care unit. She decided to poll her patients in their last days in hopes to uncover any regrets so others may learn.
After personally reviewing her entire study, I knew The Daily Positive community would greatly benefit from its findings. I even dug up this incredible infographic displaying the – “Top 10 Regrets Of The Dying” in detail. This overview left me puzzled and forced me to think of this powerful quote:
“OUR GREATEST FEAR SHOULD NOT BE OF FAILURE, BUT OF SUCCEEDING AT THINGS IN LIFE THAT DON’T REALLY MATTER”
I hope these findings will not only change the way you think, but the way you act. We only have one life… don’t waste it on things that don’t matter.
Here is the list one more time ?
1. I never pursued my dreams and aspirations.
2. I worked too much and never made time for my family.
3. I should have made more time for my friends.
4. I should have said ‘I love you’ a lot more.
5. I should have spoken my mind instead of holding back and resenting things.
6. I should have been the bigger person and resolved my problems.
7. I wish I had children.
8. I should have saved more money for my retirement.
9. Not having the courage to live truthfully.
10. Happiness is a Choice, I wish I knew that earlier.
Which one do you struggle with most? What is keeping you back? Let me know in the comments below.