By | John Boitnott | Contributor at The Motley Fool
If you’re an entrepreneur looking to expand your skills, here are just some of the thousands of free courses offered by some of the greatest universities in the world.
You might not have had the opportunity to walk the halls of such prestigious universities as Harvard, MIT and Stanford. That doesn’t mean you can’t tap into the knowledge and expertise they offer.
Many Ivy League and other top-tier universities offer online classes to reach a wider audience. The best part is that many of these e-learning and development courses are free.
Here are some classes you can take for free in 2021 that are well worth adding to your resume and professional profile.
Harvard University and MIT on edX
In 2012, scientists from two leading universities joined forces to create edX, a platform for online courses. Harvard and MIT partnered to develop this learning platform to make university-level courses available to people all over the world.
Today, the site offers over 3,000 courses across many subject areas from over 160 universities. These courses include topics in areas from math, medicine, and engineering to computer science, business, and art and design.
Here are some Harvard University courses:
- Rhetoric: The Art of Persuasive Writing and Public Speaking: Improve your writing and public speaking skills
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies: Understand how entrepreneurship and innovation work together to take on complex social problems
- The Path to Happiness: What Chinese Philosophy Teaches Us About the Good Life: Learn about Confucius, mindfulness and Chinese philosophy
MIT also offers many free courses:
- Entrepreneurship 101: Who is Your Customer?: Discover how entrepreneurship is a learned skill, and how you can start the journey with the right customer target.
- Shaping Work of the Future: Find out how you can develop a career plan that fits today’s changing work environment.
- Data Analysis: Statistical Modeling and Computation in Applications: Get started on using statistics and analytics tools to get more from data. This course is part of the MITx MicroMasters program in Statistics and Data Science.